Walkers has maintained its position as the leading offshore law firm in Asia, with independent legal directory Legal 500 making it the only offshore adviser with top tier rankings in both Hong Kong and Singapore.
The latest edition of Legal 500's Asia-Pacific rankings saw Walkers retain its tier-one rankings in its Hong King and Singapore offices.
Walkers also had more lawyers recognised in the guide as "Leading Individuals" than any other offshore firm in the region.
The directory described how the Walkers team in Hong Kong is well-known for "consistently high standard of work and advice, across all types of cross-border transactions", and how the firm's Singapore office "is reliable and responsive and is able to tap seamlessly on the capabilities of its other offices for specialist knowledge".
Andy Randall, Walkers' managing partner in Hong Kong, said: "Being consistently recognised as the leading offshore practice in Asia by the leading independent legal directories reflects the value that clients and intermediaries see in our insight and expertise."
John Rogers, Walkers' managing partner in Singapore, added: "These outstanding rankings are the product of the hard-work and dedication of our talented and skilled team, and they can be justifiably proud of how they are perceived in the market."
Legal 500 lists the following as Leading Individuals in Hong Kong: Paul Aherne, James Gaden, Thomas Granger, Kirsten Kwok, Tom Pugh, Andy Randall and Denise Wong. Nicholas Davies and Colm Dawson are also listed as Next Generation Partners.
In Singapore, the following are listed as Leading Individuals: John Rogers, Laura Rogers, Richard Siddle, Shirleen Tan and James Twigg.
Client feedback gathered by Legal 500's independent researchers included:
- "The team has extensive experience in the real estate financing transaction structure of my deals, and Walkers have the capability to provide full range advice covering structuring, documentation and enforcement."
- "The team’s Chinese capability to read, write and communicate in Chinese, which is at times essential for my transactions, is helpful."
- "All of them are responsive and committed to stick with the transaction timeline as closely as we (as lead counsel) do, and that eases our workload on coordinating with local counsel."
- "The team responds very quickly and provides solutions that work."
- "The Singapore team is reliable and responsive and is able to tap seamlessly on the capabilities of its other offices for specialist knowledge. It has invested in a strong team and this shows."